Our Diversity and Social Justice Team is committed to helping people go deeper into the issues of mission, mercy, and justice by addressing systemic causes of injustice and issues related to living our Christian faith in our culture and society. The Team has committed to focus in five areas:
- Environment/God’s Creation
- Interfaith work
- LGBTQ+ Concerns and Welcome
- Mental Health
2023 Buffalo Grove Pride Parade
11 am Sunday, June 4
In a time of division and increasing intolerance, Kingswood stands for acceptance and inclusiveness. Our Welcoming Statement is a public declaration of our commitment to celebrating and welcoming all people regardless of gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, or family configuration. An important part of this witness is our annual support and participation of the annual Buffalo Grove Pride Parade. There are many ways to support Kingswood’s presence at this event - including volunteering behind the scenes, walking in the parade, or donating give-away items.
- If you would like to walk in the parade, sign up here. Parade walkers will be asked to line up in the parade route queue around 10:15 am on Sunday, June 4. The route is about one mile in length.
- If you would like to help build Kingswood's parade float, sign up here. We will meet at the Johnson residence at 1 pm, Saturday, June 3.
- If you would like to support the parade through a donation, we are collecting wrapped, non-chocolate candy and colorful beads as parade give-aways along the route. You can view/order desired candy and beads on our Amazon Wish List and have them shipped directly to Kingswood.
Sign up sheets are also available in the Fireside Room. We appreciate your support of this event!
Gun Violence Panel Discussion
On October 11, the Diversity/Social Justice Team sponsored a panel discussion for community members to stay informed about gun violence. Our featured panelists included Buffalo Grove Police Officer Malcolm Baker and Lt. Tara Anderson, Sheri Williams from Moms Demand Action, and Dan Didech, Illinois State Rep. D-59. The entire program can be viewed here.